Top Five Tuesday
Emojis That Represent My Life
Well, obviously I love photography. Before the invention of the iPhone, I was never seen without a camera around my neck. Can’t say the same now, since I carry the phone instead. But still, I am taking photos and documenting life, maybe even more so then when I shot film!
This is literally me – a bald person laughing so hard, she is crying. Seriously. Ask my husband. He will tell you about my earth-shattering laughs as we watch Golden Girls or Will & Grace on Hulu.
Aw, doggy. Love my doggy. Love this little doggy too. So cute.
I have never been cool. Seriously. My mom will say otherwise, but she is so totally biased. I sport a similar pair of glasses, only in bright pink. Luckily, my teeth are a bit better than this! Took me a long time to be proud of my nerdiness. It’s always been there, but I am less shy about it now.
I always have a pile of library books at home. If there isn’t a pile, then you know something is very wrong. This pile is far too short to represent me, but still, it will do for an Instagram post!
1. Julie Andrews
Perfection. No explanation needed.
2. Cary Grant
That face, that hair, that voice!!! So dashing and debonair. There are very few actors I am so interested in to have watched so many of his movies and he is one!! I may not be anywhere near watching ALL the films he starred in, but I must be close!
3. Gene Kelly
He is just one of those actors who ooze joy no matter what role he plays. Oh and of course, he’s a fabulous dancer! One of my go-to movies to watch when I am sick is Singing in the Rain. He aways makes me laugh.
4. Jimmy Stewart
Of course I love him in It’s A Wonderful Life but I also enjoyed watching him in Hitchcock films as well. I wasn’t sure I would like him as any other character than George Bailey. Grant always played the cool cat but Stewart never struck me as that kind of swoon-worthyworthy actor. But he is great!
Sure, she always played a sex kitten but I think she is a lot smarter than everyone gives her credit for!! She had a lot of pizazz and personality. Love that look!
Best Things About Christmas
- Everyone is nice to each other (for a minute) – With the exception of those folks who are totally stressed out by the holidays (you’re doing it wrong), I love how nice we all are to each other around Christmas. Normally we charge around, thinking only of ourselves, yelling at each other in traffic or on Facebook. How refreshing!
- We are actually thinking about others -We love to surprise others with the perfect gift. We spend the time thinking about the ones we love and what they would enjoy unwrapping Christmas morning. Fun!
- It is ok to eat whatever you want – Ok so all nutritionists and fitness trainers are saying hell no to this right now. But what other time of year would I ever have access to this kind of food (because I totally eat healthy all year long)?! Some sarcasm there…
- Spending time with family –There is never enough time to see family. It is unfair. But Christmas is a great excuse to spend time together. I love an excuse to get together!!!
- Decorations, movies and music – I LOVE it when we empty the attic of all the Christmas bins and start to unpack all the goodies. It is like this magical flood of excitement and nostalgia. Whether it is a piece you purchased at TJMaxx last year or that dorky ornament you made in the 1st grade, it all means something special. And of course, I love planning my movie viewing line up and playing Christmas records! YIPEE!!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
-Inspired Bald Girl
This is a repost from long ago.
It seems like the word of the decade is MINDFULNESS. It is everywhere- books, Youtube, Yoga class etc. MINDFULNESS can apply to so many aspects in one’s life! This year I have been reflecting a lot on finances. I’ve set some pretty tough financial goals for myself so I have to be mindful of certain things in order to achieve the goals. Much like the rest of America, I have certain retail weaknesses – Starbucks, clothes, stationary or pretty much anything at Hobby Lobby. So in my Happy Planner I have inserted a little unofficial manifesto to remind myself to save money. Here are my top 5 –
- Reading, writing and learning are all FREE (and will enrich your life!)
- Rearrange or repurpose. Don’t buy new.
- Look around – you have so much already.
- You have everything you NEED (most consider WANT over NEED tisk tisk)
- Saving money feels better than buying something.
My Favorite Photographers
- Annie Leibovitz – She is the only photographer who has a style that I recognize immediately. It takes a lot to stand out as a photographer. It isn’t like other media where the stroke of your hand makes a signature line that is unique to you!
- Sally Mann – I always liked her portraits but didn’t really fall in love with her until I read her memoir Hold Still. WOW. I highly recommend the book.
- Bill Cunningham – Ok, so I maybe hoped and prayed everytime I went to New York City that Bill Cunningham would drive by me on his bicycle and capture my photo. A girl can dream. Always enjoyed seeing his photographs in the New York Times. I recommend the documentary about him called Bill Cunningham New York. You will fall in love with him.
- Diane Arbus – I remember seeing her photographs in a library book in college and being blown away. What in the world was I looking it? She is like no other.
- Cindy Sherman – Thank you Cindy Sherman for getting me started in my college photography class. I really enjoyed her self portrait film stills. Self portraits were my way out of Alopecia hell. I tip my hat to you Cindy!