I am not one of those people who makes New Year’s resolutions to get fit or eat better. I already exercise the most I want to (because I hate it) and well I eat everything in moderation, so THERE! Thanks to this blog, I can easily pull up my previous NYR posts. Not sure if that is helpful or not!
It seems my resolutions always revolve around creativity or doing fun things. That makes me a little sad because I should already dedicate the time to such items. Alas, life always gets in the way. To recap, here is my list from last December and my today’s replies to them:
- Finish writing the book and get it published.
Seriously, woman, what were you thinking?! I did write a 10-20 pages though, thanks to my boss who introduced me to NaNoWriMo! Doesn’t seem like a lot to you, but that is a lot for me!
- Start a Youtube channel and make a difference
Oooh ooh ooh!! I did this!! Well I don’t know about the making a difference part, but I started the channel and posted videos! I noticed though the video with the most hits is my Alopecia video, which pleases me greatly because once upon a time, I was really upset and lonely because of Alopecia so I will believe that it is helping 1 of those 100 people.
*Cue tiny violin*- Filming and editing photos takes a lot of time and coming up with interesting content is hard!
- Read more (typical I know)
FAIL. Wow, this makes me so upset. I recently signed up for Goodreads.com again. Maybe this will help.
- Walk or bike to work more.
Nope. However, my car is on the way out so maybe I will have no choice soon! HA!
- Sew at least 4 projects.
Nope. Does it count that I thought about it 4 times? Guess not. I even bought a new table for sewing. I signed up for a free sewing class at the library but was too tired after work to attend. I think it is time for me to sign up for paid classes to really get motivated.
So this brings me to this year’s list (sorry in advance 2019 me!)
- Take a sewing class. Make something and get confident sewing.
- Take a darkroom class. How I miss working in the darkroom.
- Spend more time with friends & family. They bring joy, laughter and another point of view. All of which I need more of.
- Spend more time with my husband. I know, this sounds ridiculous for someone I live with but having opposite schedules makes it a challenge. Now that his schedule has changed I hope we can take long walks, visit museums and try new things!
- Stay organized. Seriously, this is never on my list, but 2018 brought pure chaos on both personal and professional levels. My new boss is mega organized and she has helped me organize my work life which has prompted me to get back to organization at home. I have my regular calendar and now a Happy Planner which will house all my creative activities and finances.
- Save a higher percentage of yearly income. Sure, I do my auto transfers but I think I have to step up my game. Even if it means transferring money manually to round up to the next $. A little game to trick myself into saving more, why not?!
- Just GO. On those nights where there is an event I really want to attend but I insist I am too tired, I need to just suck it up and GO!
- Keep the smartphone out of the bedroom. I want to start leaving the phone in the kitchen to charge and keep it out of the bedroom. That way there is no temptation to check email or social media before bed or right when I wake up. Mornings should be quiet and mindful.
- UIUWITMDODW. Use it up. Wear it out. Make do or do without. This will help #6. A.K.A. Stay out of Michael’s, Hobby Lobby and Target.
- Read more. I want to read more, but also, quality items. I think this year I will turn into a book snob.
- Write it down. I read everywhere that you are more likely to achieve a goal if you write it down, and I don’t mean typing it here on my blog. My husband bought me a nice fat journal and new pens, so I have no excuse!
Alright, there you have it. Wow 11 is a crazy number!! What was I thinking?! Well….here I go…….