When winter hits, I try and concentrate on warmer days! I shot this photograph at Blithewold Mansion years ago! I enjoy the way the light was sprinkled over the flowers! If you are in the area, please do visit! It is lovely!
Match your polish to your book!
My Favorite Photographers
- Annie Leibovitz – She is the only photographer who has a style that I recognize immediately. It takes a lot to stand out as a photographer. It isn’t like other media where the stroke of your hand makes a signature line that is unique to you!
- Sally Mann – I always liked her portraits but didn’t really fall in love with her until I read her memoir Hold Still. WOW. I highly recommend the book.
- Bill Cunningham – Ok, so I maybe hoped and prayed everytime I went to New York City that Bill Cunningham would drive by me on his bicycle and capture my photo. A girl can dream. Always enjoyed seeing his photographs in the New York Times. I recommend the documentary about him called Bill Cunningham New York. You will fall in love with him.
- Diane Arbus – I remember seeing her photographs in a library book in college and being blown away. What in the world was I looking it? She is like no other.
- Cindy Sherman – Thank you Cindy Sherman for getting me started in my college photography class. I really enjoyed her self portrait film stills. Self portraits were my way out of Alopecia hell. I tip my hat to you Cindy!
Wow this weather is depressing!
I should have posted all the photos I took today, side by side. It was a gray day today but that always makes for dramatic photographs! Yay!
I see a lot of trees when I walk with my dog. But I cannot say I have seen one like this before. How interested! Reminds me of stained glass a little or veins or even a braid. Glad I didn’t stay home today!