This paper was part of a 12″ x 12″ sheet. I find the colors and patterns are very overwhelming at that size, but as a bookmark, it’s quite charming.
Top Five Tuesday
Things I Will Never Understand
- Contour MakeupHoly LORD what are you doing to your face?! You basically just drew a treasure map on your face, blended it, and now you look like a totally different person. Is this a lie? How do you meet someone at night, wake up the next morning and explain that you are indeed the same person as last night?! Wouldn’t it be more effective and less time-consuming to wear a mask? Just saying.
- Smart WatchesOk, so, initially, they seem super cool. They are sleek and badass, right? Until I saw someone walking down the street, talking into their wrist. Looks silly. Why should I pay for an item that is either a slave to my phone or pay for extra data so it can be independent from my phone?
- Facebook Keyboard WarriorsSeriously dude, you are scum. Get a life. No one cares what you say online. I dare you, no, I triple dog dare you, to say that to someone’s face, politely, and argue like civilized humans. Bet you couldn’t do it.
- K-CupsWhy hasn’t anyone made an easier way for me to recycle my K-cups? Sure, everyday I can peel off the foil, save the grounds for compost and was the tiny cup. But do I? Rarely….
- Why Isn’t Everyone Obsessed with Public Libraries?Seriously, I am over here, freaking out about how awesome libraries are, yet so many people are not using them. Or worse, flapping their mouth about how libraries are obsolete. This is FREE STUFF people, FREE!!! Maybe people love being in debt. Not me. I am too cheap!
If you are anything like me, you have piles and piles of creative projects to do. It is the curse of the creative type. These are projects that require time and precision. So of course, I have to be in the right mood and have a clear head. And who is going to hold me to this? Apparently, the public library.
Since libraries have been closed, I have noticed many of them are offering virtual programs by Zoom or Facebook live. My local library offers a craft/DIY night. All you do is sign into the Zoom and craft along with others, but on your own projects. Last night someone was doing Legos, scrapbooking and jewelry making. Very cool!
I’ve had mat board in my attic now for probably, a year or so. A friend who lost her husband offered me the board(s) and I gladly accepted because mat board is expensive and sometimes overwhelming to purchase.
I finally cut the backs to these items which he previously cut out. Now I have to figure out if I want to give them as a gift or keep them for myself! I still have a huge pile, but at least I know, I can chip away at it, a week at a time, at the library!
Since the professionals are predicting another wave of COVID19 in the Fall, I guess Black Friday is off the table. I was looking at my book cart and all the black books made me think of it. This is my Black Friday I guess!
I am not feeling blue but my book cart is!
Loving this cart from Michael’s I remember when Ikea was the only store who had carts like this. But now, I love the carts at Michael’s more, because they have more color options. My other cart is purple. If we had a bigger place, I might buy one in every color.