SO fresh! Shame shame. Well, you started it! This TFT follows me earlier post about a world without smartphones. Social media and smartphones have made us monsters. Our behavior is atrocious and it looks like there is no going back. SO below are my TFT followed up my some positive thoughts because I can’t just post something negative and leave it that way!!
- Stop taking and posting selfies. It is so vane! You present a a close-minded view of yourself to the world. Let someone else take your photo. And don’t pose! Just stand there and act the way you feel in the moment. When we look back at your photos years from now, we will know you are real!
- Stop fighting with people under a Facebook post. It is uncool and you are pretty much acting like a bully. A bully is still a bully whether you’re pointing a finger at someone face to face or commenting online. Next time you see a thread full of nasty comments, toss in something positive or remind people that negativity isn’t good for anyone. Or try and bring everyone together. Remind them they are lucky to have the right to voice their opinions so therefore they should make them worthy or people’s respect!
- Stop interrupting and listen to each other. I was watching a few Youtube videos the other day where folks were collaborating or discussing issues and I noticed that no one listens! One person is trying to tell their side and the other person interjects with their own opinion! Well isn’t that terrible? You know what is nice about listening – you might learn something. Then when you learn something you might be able to form your own thoughts and ideas! WOW!
- Stop sharing your entire life on Youtube. Don’t get me wrong, I love watching home makeover movies or tips on finances but whoah!! Keep something private. There is a professional couple on Youtube who show spreadsheets of their person finances to the world in order to inspire others to be financially smart. At first I hoped they just made up numbers as an example, but they actually shared their real salaries, mortgage payments etc. WHOAH!! This cannot be good. My income is so personal. I don’t want someone to label me as rich or poor. I want my information to be mine, especially in the age of hacking!
- Put your phone down. Just put it down. Turn it off. You are missing out on the world!!! Leave it at home if you can. Go outside and enjoy the fresh air. Look around. The world is a beautiful place and you are missing out by scrolling through social media.On that note – I am on my way out to take a walk!
There’s something about coffee shops, wood tables and a hardcover book…
How wise that one man could figure all of this out and understand it. It takes some of us years to even process one part of that statement. Kudos to Mr Rogers.