This is a repost from long ago.
It seems like the word of the decade is MINDFULNESS. It is everywhere- books, Youtube, Yoga class etc. MINDFULNESS can apply to so many aspects in one’s life! This year I have been reflecting a lot on finances. I’ve set some pretty tough financial goals for myself so I have to be mindful of certain things in order to achieve the goals. Much like the rest of America, I have certain retail weaknesses – Starbucks, clothes, stationary or pretty much anything at Hobby Lobby. So in my Happy Planner I have inserted a little unofficial manifesto to remind myself to save money. Here are my top 5 –
- Reading, writing and learning are all FREE (and will enrich your life!)
- Rearrange or repurpose. Don’t buy new.
- Look around – you have so much already.
- You have everything you NEED (most consider WANT over NEED tisk tisk)
- Saving money feels better than buying something.