I have a love/hate relationship with the typical New Year’s resolutions; save more money, lose weight etc. Each year I try to reexamine the previous year (usually in photographs) and figure out some attainable goals for the following year – ones that will bring me JOY.
1. Less pop music, more podcasts
2. Less iPhone more film cameras
3. Less typing, more handwriting
4. Less social media, more time with friends
5. Utilize the resources ahead of me and see what inspiration springs forth
I think 5 is about all I can handle.
Turning this computer off right now to finish listening to the New York Public Library’s podcast of
“Sally Mann on Ethical Photography and Stories”